When one comes into contact with either poison ivy, oak or even sumac; a person will begin to have allergies. Almost everyone on this earth is allergic to these poisonous plants, so when one has come into contact with either one they must immediately treat it. Otherwise the rash or other allergy symptoms will get worse. The number on herb that can be use to help heal a person who has come into contact, is the Impatiens Capensis, also known as Jewelweed.
The Impatiens Capensis, jewelweed, has a very strong reputation for getting rid of the rashes that comes with the poisonous ivy, oak and sumac. With this herb, you can apply either the crushed fresh leaves or a compress that is made from tea or of a fluid extract. When it comes to making the tea, all you need to do is steep 1 heaping teaspoon of dried leaves or 2 teaspoons of fresh leaves with 1 cup of very hot water for 10 to 12 minutes, once finished you will strain the leaves and let it cool. To make a fluid extract, add 1 teaspoon with 1 cup of cool water. You will then wet a clean cloth with either liquid and then apply to the rash. If you must, you can repeat as needed.