We live in a world where pretty much everyone is basically saying “gimme-gimme” and has the attitude of thinking that they need more to fulfill their life. They seem to believe that materialistic things will bring happiness and joy into their lives, and they seem to think that bringing in more people into their lives will make them feel better. But they do not realize that materialistic things will not make them happy and having thousands of friends will not fulfill that empty spot that they feel in their lives. Even though Thanksgiving is the day where we all sit around the dinner table with our families and say what we are thankful for, we should be saying what we are thankful for everyday and not on just one holiday out of the year.
What is it that you are grateful for? In no particular order, here is what I am thankful for:
- My family – Even though I have hard time relating to certain members of my family, I love them no matter what and I am grateful to have them in my life no matter what.
- Being alive– I woke up this morning, grumbling and rubbing my eyes saying that I hate mornings. Even though I am not a morning person whatsoever, I am happy and lucky to be alive. There are people around the world who don’t get to wake up at all, and they have been summoned to the afterlife.
- Opportunities – I’ve been lucky to have been given so many opportunities to chase my dreams and passions, and honestly not many people can say that they have those chances.
- Job– In this day and age, it can be daunting to find a job and having to wait for weeks to hear back to see if you have received the job or not. Having the ability to have a job and to be able to put food in my stomach, roof over my head, and gas in my car is more than I could ever ask for.
- Friendships– My friends are the most amazing people I’ve ever come across. In fact, I have a close group of friends who I have been best friends with for nearly twenty years, and that says a lot. Because a lot of friendships tend to break away.
- Dreams turning into Reality– Many of my dreams have made it across the threshold into reality and it is like I am living in a fantasy world. I am truly thankful for the Universe bringing my dreams come true.
- Mother Nature– Mother Nature is truly a remarkable sight, she has given me a home, has given me nourishment and has given me love and devotion. For that, I will always be thankful for her.
- My Health/Body– Look, no one is completely happy with their body. I have my moments just like everyone else. My thighs are big and so is my butt, but you know what, I am thankful for them. They are strong, and they are powerful. They give me the ability to do a lot of things. I may have a little bit of a stomach but I have a very strong core and have the ability to plank up to three minutes straight. Regardless of the flaws that I have, I am thankful to be healthy and alive. That’s all that matters.
You see, there are things that we can be grateful for and thankful for everyday. It is just a matter of actually saying it out loud or in a journal and read it later. Everyday I want you to say at least five to ten different things that you are grateful/thankful for, you will be surprised.