It is official, in just a couple of days it will be 2017! That being said, there will be a lot of people making resolutions for the new year, and it can be fun and daunting to make these resolutions and stick to them. But nevertheless, you will have someone there for you and supporting you and your resolution, whether it be a friend, coworker, coach, or even a relative that will help you and support you along the way in your resolution (s).
2017 is full of opportunities for everyone out there, and that is one of the most amazing things about it when it comes to welcoming a new year into our lives. This is a new chapter in each of our lives, and this gives us a chance to see how our own story is going to come out by the time 2018 comes around.
Just like everyone else out there, I make resolutions for myself and goals that I set for myself, it has been something that I have been really into since I graduated high school. Each year I pick the top 5 things that I am going to focus on for that year and to set out to make them happen. That is how I prioritize everything, I don’t know why, but it is just how I manage to do things. Here are my top 5 things that I will be focusing on for 2017.
1. Healthy Coaching Myself – I already coach a lot of you out there, and show you different recipes, different exercises, and also how to maintain your stress levels. However this new year, I need to focus on getting my own self back into better shape. Many of you didn’t know that I had broken my ankle back in 2015, primarily because I didn’t want to broadcast it at the time, and because of that I was on crutches or quite some time and gained the weight that I had lost. Finally I am off the crutches, and have the ability to run and do my Muay Thai, but I am going to focus on getting myself healthier and stronger. Signing up as a Beachbody Coach, it has given me the opportunity to incorporate specific exercises that I enjoy into my own workouts, and it will bring me back to my own healthier self.
2. Finish and Publish – Many of you have already realized that my third poetry book has just been released and available to the public. However, many of you do not know that I have been working on a novel for the past year and a half. And for 2017, I am wanting to finish this novel and get it published by the end of next year. I know that I am getting closer towards the end, but I will be making a trip really soon to get some inspiration to finish the novel.
3. Expand and Grow – Simple Life, Simple You is my baby. I started this company when I was just 23, and now at 25 it is still growing but ever so slowly. So at this point I am going to have to use my introverted self and start focusing on the internet aspect and put myself out there through the world wide web to help my company grow.
4. Nomad Soul – Ever since I was a child, I have always been unable to settle down into one spot and stay there. Primarily due to the fact that I have a nomadic soul. That being said, for 2017, I will be doing a lot more traveling and exploring the world even more. For I wish to visit specific places this coming year and will have the opportunity to do so.
5. Back to the Mat – I am an avid yogi, have been for years. Not only that, I am also an avid meditator on the mat. This year, my resolution is to stick to the mat more often to heal myself more, to open my chakras more, to guide myself and to also let the Universe guide me through the mat, through my limbs, and into my soul, heart, and mind. That being said, I plan on going to Yoga Retreats and Meditative Retreats this year to help me through, then I will be teaching you all what I have learned. Let’s be honest, you should always be learning something new. In fact, you should learn something new everyday.
These are my resolutions for 2017, what are your resolutions? Comment below and let’s have a fun conversation.