Good evening, everyone! So today I am going to be posting about a lovely Persian Orange Cake that is very easy to make and is consisted of only a few ingredients. In fact, I made it this past weekend when I was enjoying my Saturday off from work.
2 large oranges, washed
6 eggs, beaten
1 cup slivered almonds
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease and line the base and sides of a tin pan.
2. Pierce the orange skins with a fork, microwave in a closed container on high for about 7 minutes, turning them around after a few minutes. *I turned them every two minutes.
3. Cut oranges open, remove pips and chop roughly or pull apart into smaller pieces with fingers. * Wear some gloves, due to the oranges being extremely hot.
4. Blend oranges and remaining ingredients thoroughly in a food processor.
5. Pour batter into prepared tin. Bake for 1 hour. If the cake is still very wet, cook a little longer.
6. Cool in tin before gently removing. Dust with icing sugar.
This beautiful orange cake is delicious and makes a great dessert for the end of the day, or even as a lightweight snack. And for all of those who are low-carb, this recipe is for you.